Sunday


New York Mets v Los Angeles Dodgers, July 19, 2007

Dodger Stadium, Section FD Row AA


I must be in the front row!

I don't have many opportunities to take the little girl to baseballs games with me, so this was a special one. Our seats were front row at the left field foul pole. We were situated on ground level.

One of the kids with us saw Juan Pierre signing autographs during warmup so they went over. He was patient and signed everything for everyone. My friend's boy took my official MLB lid to signed as he didn't have anything for himself. When he came back excited about acquiring a real MLB players signature, he handed me my cap back. I couldn't dare keep the hat now since the kid worked so hard for the signature. I handed it back as told him he could keep the hat since he got the autograph on it. He replyed, "No thank you, I don't want a Dodgers hat". My friend is an Angeles season ticket holder.

We watched the TIVOed game afterwards. We got a lot of face time on TV that night. I never did burn a copy to DVD. Should have.

The 1st place Dodgers sent Derek Lowe to the mound to oppose Tom Glavine and the 1st place Mets. A decent pitching matchup. At least on paper.

There were fights at the bat rack in both dugouts this evening. Everyone was anxious to get into the batters box. David Wright hit a 2 run double to get things started. There were a combined 8 runs scored in the 1st inning alone. 6 runs were scored by the Mets off starter Derek Lowe.

Matt Kemp hit 2 run homer to right in the 2nd to close the gap to 6-4. Jeff Kent also homered right near us for the Dodgers in the 3rd. Beltran, Castro and Delgado went long for the Mets.

The starting pitcher lasted only a combined 5 innings, both giving up 10 hits.

In typical LA fashion the crowd of 51,651 was a late arriving one.

The visiting Mets took the first of this 4 game series 13-9. And I have a little Dodgers fan living here on the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment