
Modesto Nuts v Rancho Cuchamonga Quakes, July 20, 2007
The Epicenter, Rancho Cuchamonga, CA
The Quake are the Class A team for the Los Angeles Angels. I can't find my ticket stub. But I know I was there. This was a night after a Dodgers game the same day as a day in Universal Studios.
The visiting Nuts jumped out in the top of the 1st with a home run by Christopher Nelson. The Quake responded in the 3rd when Nate Sutton drilled a RBI triple. The pendulum swung back in Modestos favor the next inning when Jose Valdez doubled, clearing the full base pads. Modesto added another in the 4th.
The home Quake got one back in the bottom of the 9th, but still fell short.
Brandon Durden for Modesto was credited with the win. Stephen Marek suffered the loss for the home Quake.
A great little minor league park,very kid friendly with great mountain views. The mascots name is "Tremor" and his jersey number is 4.8. I couldn't help think if he was tempting the Earthquake gods. And I didn't want to be around long enough to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment