George Thorogood and the Destroyers, July 2, 1982Mann Music Center, Sec GA
Makes sense that he would come up again so quickly (6/23/04) as this is a band who I have seen many times over a span of many decades.
Thorogood is a guy from Naamans Gardens, not far from my own hometown. And one of my first jobs was at a Wilmington Dry Goods, not far from Naamans Gardens. Plus I was raised on 93.3 WMMR, a radio station that was very kind to Thorogood in his early days.
I'm sure that is how I found out about this show.
This is the second time I have seen Thorogood live. He was just coming off a tour as the opening act with The Rolling Stones. This show was the band's first since returning from Europe with The Stones a few weeks earlier. Their popularity grew rapidly in the Delaware Valley. Many fans, like myself, we too young to see him in the nightclubs.
This is about the time he ventured into larger venues, like The Mann.
The Mann is in West Philly, past the Zoo. It is an outdoor venue with the stage and some seating under cover.
The Nighthawks opened the show.
This was an opportunity to let loose without the time constrant of being an opening act.
Songs included:
Hello Little Girl
Kids From Philly
Who Do You Love?
I'm Wanted
Cocaine Blues
One Way Ticket
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
As The Years Go Passing By
John Hardy
Nobody But Me
Bottom Of The Sea
Night Time
I'll Change My Style
Miss Luann
Madison Blues
The Sky Is Crying
Can’t Stop Lovin
That Same Thing
Bad To The Bone
Move It On Over
I’m Just Your Good Thing
Ride On Josephine
It Wasn’t Me
New Boogie Chillun
No Particular Place To Go
Reelin' and Rockin'
No comments:
Post a Comment