Minnesota Twins v Baltimore Orioles July 15, 1990Memorial Stadium Section 38, Row 1
I had a fraternity brother working for a minor league franchise. He got tickets to this game. I used to work in a AAA stadium a few years prior. One of the current O's was a member of that team at the time and I knew him. It was good to see him in The Bigs.
This was an afternoon game. Our seats were under cover on the first base side. I have some great pictures of the old stadium from this day.
The Orioles and the Twins were both floating at the bottom of their respective divisions at the time. This game was similar to a Phils Red Sox game that I just wrote. After 3 batters in the top of the first it was already 3 nothing. Kind of takes the air out of the crowd. Kirby Puckett launched a 3 run homer with the top 2 batters on base. The Orioles got one back in the bottom half of the inning with 2 doubles by Phil Bradley and Randy Milligan.
It didn't take Kirby Puckett too long to hit his second home run of the day. He did it in the second inning when the Twins scored 3 more.
Kent Hrbek also launched one for Minnesota in the fourth. Sam Horn hit one long for the home O's. Cal Ripken, Jr, during his streak, went 0-2 this day.
Baltimore's starting pitcher Bob Milacki only lasted an inning and a third. Allan Anderson got the win for the visiting Twins.
42,817 were on hand at the old ball park on 33rd Street this wet afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment