Wednesday

Whalers Run Ashore

Boston Bruins v Carolina Hurricanes, March 3, 1999

Greensboro Coliseum, Sec 101 Row A


I must be in the front row. I worked with a Bruins fanatic who wanted to trek to Greensboro to see the B's. So I went. The Hurricanes just moved from Hartford but their new digs in Raleigh were not ready yet.

Many great ACC tournament games have been played in this building. Michael Jordan and Ralph Sampson to name a few.

It was an atmosphere I was not expecting. There was little excitement for the new NHL team in town. Maybe the locals knew the Hurricanes were only temporary in Greensboro, as a new permenant home was being built 75 miles to the east in Raleigh. There was an echo to the cheers.

This was a 2-1 win for the home team and a precursor of a dandy of a playoff series upcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment