St Louis Blues v Philadelphia Flyers, March 2, 1991The Spectrum, Sec 20, Row 12
I can't say I remember these seats. I say this as all the times I remember in the old Spectrum were either in the first level or the Crows Nest, up in the rafters.
But since I found a ticket stub in my shoe box I'll play along.
The first goal of the game touched some big name sticks. Scott Stevens and Brett Hull fed Adam Oates to put the Blues up 1-0 in first.
New Flyer Mike Ricci tied it up in the 2nd with Murry Baron and Rick Tocchet factoring in on the assists. Another familiar name (not yet) scored for St Louis in the 2nd; Rod Brind'Amour with Hull assisting. Woody Acton tied it up again briefly for the Flyers until Scott Stevens tallied his first of the game with Hull assisting again.
Brett Hull scored his 70th of the year in the 3rd to put the Blues up by two.
But the Flyers pulled within one when Craig Berube scored his 5th of the year.
While the Blues Paul Cavallini sat in the box for cross checking, the Flyers Pele Ecklund tied the ballgame up at the 17:19 mark of regulation.
There was no scoring in OT. In those days the game ended in a tie if no one scores in a 5 minute OT period.
No comments:
Post a Comment