
Pontiac 400, March 9, 1993
Richmond International Raceway, Dogwood J Row J
My first NASCAR race. I had no interest in attending, I don't think I have ever watched a race on TV. But my new father in law invited me. So I went with the intention of pretending I was enjoying myself.
Never knew what to expect but it was awesome. The starting of the engines, the warm up laps, the start with all that concentrated sound in one place.
I really didn't know any of the drivers. I knew Richard Petty was gone and Dale Earnhardt was the new king.
Davey Allison won his last Winston Cup race before he died in a helicopter accident on July 13 of the same year. The Polish Prince, Alan Kulwicki, who finished 3rd in the race died in an airplane crash on less than a month after this race. Kulwicki was the reigning Winston Cup Champion at the time of the race.
| 1 | 28 | Davey Allison | Ford | Texaco / Havoline | |||||
| 2 | 2 | Rusty Wallace | Pontiac | Miller Genuine Draft | |||||
| 3 | 7 | Alan Kulwicki | Ford | Hooters | |||||
| 4 | 18 | Dale Jarrett | Chevrolet | Interstate Batteries | |||||
| 5 | 42 | Kyle Petty | Pontiac | Mello Yello | |||||
| 6 | 24 | Jeff Gordon * | Chevrolet | DuPont | |||||
| 7 | 6 | Mark Martin | Ford | Valvoline | |||||
| 8 | 17 | Darrell Waltrip | Chevrolet | Western Auto | |||||
| 9 | 33 | Harry Gant | Chevrolet | Skoal Bandit | |||||
| 10 | 3 | Dale Earnhardt | Chevrolet | GM Goodwrench |
No comments:
Post a Comment