Spectrum, Section 34 Row 2
The soon to be World Champions with Dr. J, Moses, Mo Cheeks, Bobby Jones. Dave Zinkoff announcing the team (Juliussssss - Eeeerrrrrrvvvving). It was cold, snow on the ground and we were the only idiots tailgating with a bottle of tequila in the parking lot. I got to eat the worm. I guess for a Monday night's game there wasn't much of a tailgate atmosphere.
We worked our way downstairs later in the game behind the Detroit bench. My drunk neighborhood friends were relentless on Bill Laimbeer. So much so the bench pointed them out and they were chucked from the arena.
The Sixers won 123-114.
That spring the 76ers went on to beat the Knicks in 4, the Bucs in 5 and the Lakers in 4 to win the World Championship. I went to the championship parade with 1.7 million other fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment