Saturday

I AM (REPLACEMENT) IRONMAN

Black Sabbath, December 6, 1981

Richmond Coliseum, GA 2


The Mob Rules Tour. The Alvin Lee Band opened. I really had no idea who Alvin Lee was but the band's guitarist was Mick Taylor, formerly of The Rolling Stones.

Putting this blog together you learn a few tidbits when there is a record of the invent on the internet. I thought Ozzy was still with the band for this tour. I just found out today he already left the band and Ronnie Jame Dio was the lead singer. I did see Ozzy during this period while he was on his own. (future posting).

Richmond was not what many would consider a major market. At the time the ticket takers would tear a ticket and hand back to the patron the smaller portion which had no relevant information (Event, Date). I hand wrote the info on my ticket stub.....nub.

Known Setlist:

  1. E5150
  2. Neon Knights
  3. NIB
  4. Children of the sea
  5. Turn up the night
  6. Black Sabbath
  7. War Pigs
  8. Slipping Away
  9. Drum Solo
  10. Slipping Away
  11. Iron Man
  12. The Mob Rules
  13. Heaven and Hell
  14. Guitar solo
  15. Heaven and Hell
  16. Paranoid
  17. Heaven and Hell
  18. Children of the Grave
  19. Fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment