Delaware v Virginia, May 13, 2007
Klockner Stadium, GA
NCAA Tournament Lacrosse with the defending national champions taking on Delaware. To give you an idea of the magnitude in the LAX world, a Delaware paper the next day had headlines which read; "Is there a bigger all-time UD win than men's lacrosse over Virginia?" Virginia not only was the defending NCAA champion but also won four titles overall.
I have a son who was playing lacrosse at the time. This was our first big by lacrosse game we have ever attended. Delaware did dominate UVA most of the 2nd half. The Blue Hens kept UVA scoreless for 28 1/2 minutes. Delaware went on to win the 1st round game 14-8.
In a creepy side note, Virginia's freshman George Huguely went on to (allegedly) murder his former girlfriend and a womens LAX player in 2010 on campus. The murder attracted worldwide media attention.
I'm not a big star-f*cker. It's uncomfortable to see a celebrity with others gawking and staring. But at this game I went to a out of the path trash can and the guy in front of me turned around into me after discarding his trash. It was football Hall of Famer Howie Long. Howie almost bumped into me on the turn so I struck up a quick conversation about Delaware controlling the 1st half. He was gracious enough to continue the conversation with his observations.

No comments:
Post a Comment