Monday

With the Corduroy Wearing Fans

New York Islanders v Philadelphia Flyers, January 24, 2003

First Union Center, Club Suite R


I'm not a club suite guy. Kind of stuffy and uncomfortable. But we landed a pair. It was either go or sit home. I developed a thing when I moved away from Philadelphia around this time. If I traveled to see any "home" team, the home team would lose.

The first period was rather eventless with only 2 minor penalties called.

The 2nd period was not kind to the home team. Michael Peca put the Islanders on the board first while the Flyers Mark Recchi was in the box for interference on the goaltender (the 2nd such call of the game). Roman Hamrlik scored the Islander's second goal of the game. Kim Johnsson of the Flyers was set up by Mark Recchi and Jeremy Roenick to somewhat wake up the mellow crowd at the F.U. Center.

Within one goal of tying the listliss Flyers let the game get out of reach late in regulation when Mark Parrish to seal the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment