
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, January 5, 1985Hampton Coliseum, Mezzanine B
Not my first Springsteen show but this was about the time when I first started going to his shows.
This was a more naive time when I did not listen to rockers political banter, I just tuned it out and listened to the music. During this show, Bruce, when introducing Johnny 99 snarled "This is about, uh...the trickle-down theory of economics not trickling down....” a direct swipe at President Reagan. Recently, Springsteen shows have become more and more political rallies for Democrat candidates and left wing causes, turning off many in his audience.
This show is the only time I have seen Santa Claus performed live.
Known setlist:
BORN IN THE USA / OUT IN THE STREET / DARLINGTON COUNTY / JOHNNY 99 / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / REASON TO BELIEVE / HIGHWAY PATROLMAN / JOHNNY BYE BYE / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / GLORY DAYS / THE PROMISED LAND / MY HOMETOWN / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / COVER ME / DANCING IN THE DARK / HUNGRY HEART / CADILLAC RANCH / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / I'M ON FIRE / GROWIN' UP / BOBBY JEAN / RACING IN THE STREET / BORN TO RUN / DETROIT MEDLEY / TWIST AND SHOUT - DO YOU LOVE ME / SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
No comments:
Post a Comment