Monday

Penn Relays

First Turn Franklin Field
Penn Relays, April 28, 1990


Franklin Field, GA

I just moved back to Philadelphia.  I was still hungry for all of my old traditions.  The Penn Relays was one of them.  I had a buddy from college who worked for a company that set up corporate tents for big events.  He invited me to a few US Open tennis matches but I never made it.  He was in town for the Penn Relays.

He ushered me and my wife to the infield for the Saturday running of the Relays.

Villanova's women completed their second consecutive distance ''triple'' in the Penn Relays at Philadelphia's sweltering Franklin Field before a crowd of 39,158.Villanova's magnificent distance runners, under the direction of Coach Marty Stern, held on to win the 3,200-meter relay, adding that title to the distance medley relay championship they won Thursday and the 6,000-meter relay crown they earned Friday.When the Wildcats won those same three races last year, 1988 Olympian Vicki Huber was the key performer in each race.

No comments:

Post a Comment