UNC vs Virginia, October 19, 2006 Scott Stadium, Sec 517 Row G
Another example of Big TV coming in and starting a game way to late for those on the East Coast.
No one wants to buy a ticket under the guise you will attending a game on a beautiful autumn afternoon only to have goons in Bristol, CT or NYC change your entire plans.
This game was moved to "accommodate" ESPN and turn it into a Thursday night game. I held my own little protest. I did not go to the game. I did not sell my tickets. I did not give my tickets away. I wanted those pseudo sports fans in Bristol to have to pan by my seats and see them empty. Empty seats on national TV was my payback.
For the record, UVA did win 23-0. Another kick in Big Network's groin. A majority of the county probably dumped out of the game by the 2nd quarter. I was in bed by 10pm, just like every work night.
No comments:
Post a Comment