Pawtucket Paw Sox v Norfolk Tides, May 29, 2003
Harbor Stadium, Sec 113 Row D
The stadium was a cut above the only other AAA stadium I have ever been to. Richmond's Diamond was built in 1985 but had the character of a 1970's cookie cutter.
This is what AAA baseball needs to look like.
I recently started a new job and was in the Virginia Beach area working. I decided to catch a ballgame but had a 8:00 PM EST conference call. My home office was in LA and we typically had late conference calls. Although I didn't expect anyone to expect me to be in an office at 7PM local, I was conscious of not letting it be known to the others that I was lounging out at a baseball game.
As the conference call progresses there were typical stadium noises I was trying to conceal. At one point the moderator chimed in; "Who is at a baseball game". I took a deep gulp and was about to "confess" when my counterpart in Houston yelled "I'm at an Astros game with ...........". The moderator said "You sound drunk, are youhaving a good time". He yells back "hell yeah". And the call continued. So much for the stuffiness of my new company that I wrongfully assumed.
Notables on the Sox roster in 2003 were Kevin Youkilis and Bronson Arroyo. Jose Reyes and John Franco were on the roster for Norfolk (Mets AAA).

No comments:
Post a Comment